The curriculum for R.E. at St Thomas' Junior School aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Know about and understand a range of religions and views.
- Express ideas and insights about the nature, significance and impact of religions on the world
- Gain and deploy the skills needed to engage with religions and worldviews.
- Pupils are taught the knowledge, skills and understanding when learning about Christian, Muslim, Hindu and Jewish faiths. Children will also be exposed to other religions through themes and celebrations. Children will learn about religions through first-hand experiences with artefacts, stories, religious buildings and visitors.
- We have strong links with the local community church - St Thomas'